ultimate guide for best baby car seat for your baby safety in 2020
- Your child safety is number one priority for you,choose your baby car seat wisely to ensure his safety and comfort while commuting.
guidlines to consider before buying a baby car seat
1-baby car seat must meat federal standards
- check the car seat for crash tests.
- its engineering,material used in manufacturing to protect your baby in accidents.
2-understand what types of baby car seats are available
- variables to consider when choosing a baby car seat,child height,weight,age,type of vehicle you are driving,installation and comfort,
- there is number of different types of car seats in the market,consider the above variables before buying, It’s crucial to have the right car seat because a poorly installed seat can compromise your child’s safety.
3-never buy a used baby car seat
- you will not know the history of a car seat,accidents and many other variables can alter car seat safety
- it will not offer right protection for your child.
Different types of baby car seats
1-infant baby car seat
- Designed for newborns and small babies, the infant-only car seat is a small, portable seat that can only be used rear-facing.
- Babies usually outgrow their infant car seats by 8 or 9 months.
- When that happens, we recommend that parents purchase a convertible or all-in-one car seat and use it rear-facing.
- newborn car seat consist of two parts carrier and base .
- carrier is the part that hold the baby in it ,it has a harness and impact absorbing foam.
- base is the part which is locked in the car’s seat using a mechanism called latch,then attach the carrier on it.
2-convertible baby car seat
- seats have the options of rear & forward facing. These seats are well designed for great safety & comfort for your children in a vehicle.
- child can use a convertible car seat from two to six years.
- Up to four years it is highly recommended to use the seat in rear facing position.
- These seats are capable of holding babies from 20 to 40 lbs.
3-all in one car seats
- These seats have the options of rear and forward facing.
- These seats are well designed for great safety and comfort of your children in a vehicle.
- 10years of use ,it can be converted to booster seat,as the child grows.
4-booster car seat
- final stage of providing safety to a child inside a car.
- It can easily carry children up to 120 pounds.
- Without a booster seat a child of 4 to 10 years can never be properly placed on a car seat.
- Before purchasing a boooster car seat you must look at the lap belt, It is a factor for choosing an efficient booster seat for your child.
10 best baby car seats
REGISTER YOUR CAR SEAT
child car safety statistics
- leading cause of child injury is motorcycle accidents according to CDC.
- Car crashes are leading cause of death for children age 2-13, according to NHTSA.
- Child car seat can reduce fatal injuries by 71% for infants.
- child car seat reduce fatal injuries for toddlers by 54% age 1 to 4.
- 46% of child safety seat is missused or incorrectly installed.